On a Chassis Service we check your brakes, hitch and running gear of your caravan to ensure it is road worthy and safe..
We don't rush, we like to take our time to get it right. a service can take a little while to complete the service / inspection.
Here is a comprehensive list of items that we check and service
Chassis and Running Gear
- Check coupling head and safety catch for wear and lubricate if required
- Check and clean padson ball acting stabiliser
- Check condition and routing of breakaway cable and clip
- Check operation of overrun piston and lubricate
- Check operation of jockey wheel clean and lubricate
- Check operation of handbrake and lubricate
- Check brake rods, cables and supports
- Remove wheels and check tyres for wear, damage, age and pressure
- Remove brake drums check bearings, seals and linings. Clean and lubricate
- Replace drum with new split pin or one shot nut and torque as required
- Adjust brakes at drum and check free play in the linkage and at handbrake
- Replace road wheels and torque wheel nuts / bolts to manufacturers settings
- Check condition and security of chassis and attachment to body
- Check operation of suspension assemblies
- Check corner steadies operation and lubricate
- Check spare wheel carrier and folding step for operation and lubricate
Electrical Systems 12v
- Check condition of 12Nand 12S plugs and cables
- Check condition and operation of road lights and reflectors
- Check operation of all12v lights including awning light
- Check blown air system
We accept payments on site by Cash and Card*
* Subject to a 3G Signal.
The prices stated is excluding parts. Allow about 3 feet around the unit to enable access. Water tap would to be provided. From time to time a service may take longer than expected, so please allow time.
Although we will try and accommodate on the date you have requested your service we can not guaranty, we will try to and find a day that would suit you.
Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.